Wednesday 4 April 2012

About babies. (food for thought)


I love both of my parents very much, this includes my late father, they were not perfect.
From them I was gifted an eclectic mix of traits that makes me, me. I was once labelled eccentric, and I think I like that. I inherited that from them, my life, and I am grateful.

I came into my parents life without choice, each of my parents with their own demons, and in a destructive relationship not suitable for children. Although their choice of having me made my life far more difficult than what it should've been, it gave me strength, and a much greater insight to life. As a result I now know what I would like for myself, and my family should I choose to have one. I have learnt much from them.

I hear people talk about wanting to be financially secure, owning their own home etc prior to having children. I have never heard anyone talk about wanting to be personally secure, within themselves, their relationship. Ever!

Growing up, we as a family, did not have secure finances, my parents were not personally secure, far from it actually. Out of each, financial vs personal security, I can tell you what negatively impacts on a child more so, and it is not your level of socio-economic means.

Think about it.

A parents personal security can make or break a growing person, I was one of the lucky few, it made me, but it took alot of work to get this far. Money (or lack of) may leave you broke, but it will not break your spirit in the long term.

So, if you are feeling the pressure by others, or within your relationship to have children, do take note of the above.

Not only is it your life, but theirs too!

I do not feel any regretful hatred towards my parent/s, far from it, because they were only human, and learning too. With love for both of my parents, I have learnt much from them.

 It is never too late, no matter what your circumstances to be the best person you can be. Those around you, whether it be your existing children or otherwise, may learn from your example.

In the meantime, stop asking me to have babies, because
a) you need a donor for that.
b) I am mother of dog, I love him very much.
c) I am working on me, to be the best I can be,
d) I will gain that personal security FIRST!


No comments:

Post a Comment