Friday 20 April 2012

Dear physical self.



You are only human, without perfection,
In the mirror stands my reflection.
With a zit so large it resembles a mountain,
It will go within time, concealer or foundation.
Brown eyes like a puppy dog, they glisten between their lashes,
Dimples on my cheeks when my smile flashes

(Across my face.)

When speaking I have a lisp, how could I ask for anymore,
Adds a little character like the star Drew Barrymoore.

My biceps, they bulge, and that’s ok,
With one flex, they’ll scare mean people away.

Although my little breasts won’t be protective airbags to a fall,
They will never sag down to me knees at all.

My legs are stunted, but they have tone, they are mine,
Short legs help to weave unseen through a busy line

(at a bar, packed toilet block etc. Now that’s a positive.)

With age  bums can enlarge, I hope my pert stays,
(please god, please god, please god)
Regardless it has been behind me every step of the way!

(And for that I am grateful)

Many apologies for put downs of past gone,
That moment of acceptance, you have waited too long.

I am sorry.

In the mirror stands my reflection,
A beautiful woman, without perfection,

Just like every other…

There is no exception!

1 comment:

  1. Idea for a positive "note to self" came from my sister. She is a clever one. xo

    ReplyDelete