Thursday 22 March 2012

And so I "find" myself alone.


Throughout my times of "singledom" I have often been met with judgemental and narrow minded words by others. Why can't you settle down? You better hurry up and find someone, tick goes the clock! It really is ok if you are a lesbian (phew, shocked me too, "hello boys"). Do you want to be alone forever? Yvette, the Gypsy woman. As such I started to wonder whether perhaps I am hopeless, perhaps I am what they call a "commitment phobe"? Silly me for actually taking in their words.

Thank fully, I guess I always knew on a subconscious level that I needed to find myself first, to get to know myself. How can you possibly do this if you are forever by someones side or amongst a crowd of others? I could not truly..

During my "alone" time I have come to know myself, love myself, my "uniqueness" and inner beauty (quirks and all). It is so true, how can you possibly love another if you do not truly love yourself? Perhaps you can? I cannot!

I have also realised that I am not a "settler" and for good reason! How many couples do you know that have just settled, just because.. Perhaps they feel less deserving? Whatever their reason. Then comes family, financial and complications of other forms making means too difficult to move on. My new found happiness will never just settle! I have never just settled because I have not been comfortable enough to settle for whatever "non-superficial" reason.
That would have been a tragedy if I had just "settled" for an unhappy life.

Now that I've come to these conclusions, now that I have found myself, I will be ready to find him. My best (man) will come, but I am not searching.


*The above written is merely my words from my own experiences and no life decision should ever be made in haste. I am not suggesting that you change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment