Saturday 31 March 2012

The ill-fitting piece.

I glanced around to all others within my crowd. My piece to life’s puzzle never really fit. My fellow people appeared forlorn and melancholy. I paved my way through the masses and searched for other crowds. Each gave me the illusion of being different, they were much the same.

Baring disappointment I weaved out of that crowd again, only to find myself on a path of adventure, scaling that “mountain of self”. Along my merry and sometimes troublesome way, I was met with many pushes to “conform” by others within our society.
There were many a time that members of the “norm” found me back amongst them. Their words and nonacceptance was the force that brought me back. Perhaps I was on a journey down the wrong path? Eventually, I too felt forlorn. It was only a momentary lapse of judgement before I squirmed my way out again.

Upon observation whilst trying to fit, I had once again come to the realisation that many were not happy, I was not a piece of them, that puzzle. Society had them with “everything”, but inside they had “nothing”! No amount of “anything”, but themselves, would find them.
Given time I found free spirited warriors like me. Their point of difference was their unwillingness to lose themselves to society. For the first time in my life I did not feel like a lost piece, because whilst being lost, I was found. With much acceptance from those surrounding me, I find myself at home.

 I am no longer an ill-fitting piece to life’s puzzle.

 I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment